Williamsburg in Brooklyn is calm life, but still city life, cool people, great food and inspiring concepts. On my sixth visit to New York I only spent time on Manhatten for about two hours (walking over Williamsburg bridge to eat lunch at Katz, great lunch!), there was no need for more. Williamsburg has it all.
Staying in an apartement, working at an office space close by. It was like I lived there, that little glimpse of what living in such a vibrant city actually can be. This is the reason I was there by the way, enjoying the city with all my colleagues.
The beautiful, cool and interesting concepts on cafes, bars, restaurants, shops and so on is a really inspiring thing about Williamsburg. I understand why it's the hipster place to be. Everything is so beautifully made. The selection of places to eat and drink and the small independent shops where you can by stuff that people at home can't. Williamsburg is kind of the perfection of bliss, energy and inspiration.
I loved these places, you should visit if you go there:
- EGG - best pancakes EVER
- Oslo Coffee Roasters - well, the people running it is from Oslo;) And the coffee is good even though it's dark roasted
- Five Leaves - best bacon EVER
- Blue Bottle Coffee - just great coffee and cool place
- Radegast Hall & Biergarten - great selection of beer, great food
- Wythe hotel - view and drinks!
- DRAM - drinks!
- About Glamour - vintage shopping
And are you ever organizing a party or other event i NY, you should check out The W Loft, really cool space with amazing view!