A few days ago Andrea from Travels with drea nominated me for the Liebster award. Thank you Andrea!The Liebster Award is an opportunity for new bloggers to introduce other new travel bloggers to the world. So it's not really an award, more of a digital chain letter, but as I see it, a great way to get to know new bloggers and nice that someone has notices my 3 weeks old blog.
Andrea asked me 10 questions, here are my answers:
1. Why did you start your travel blog?
I used to have another blog (in Norwegian) that was about all and nothing and ended up in just travels. But after more and more travelling lately I decided I wanted a more dedicated travel blog and I wanted to reach further, so I made an English blog. I love traveling, taking photos, social media and writing so a blog it is!
2. If you could go to any place in the world, where would that be and why?
Right know Argentina and Chile. Have been thinking about it for a while, but because of expensive tickets etc. it needs some planning. Why? After I was in Peru a couple of years ago I fell in love with South America and somehow Argentina and Chile fascinates me. I also want to trek in Patagonia.
3. What are your top 3 must have items when traveling?
- My Bose headset for the flight
- My camera
- A good book
4. What was your favourite place that you have visited?
Peru! Spent two weeks traveling around, including trekking, down hill cycling, kayaking.
5. If money was not a factor, what would be your dream job?
Probably a job where I could travel even more, a travel journalist or so. But I love the job I have know:)
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
Might be a cliche, but I think I would choose New York.
7. Who is your favourite travel blogger?
There are so many good ones. I do not have one favorite, because I like different perspectives, so reading random posts I pick up on Twitter is what I prefer.
8. What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who has never traveled before?
Travel and get lost:) Try to not only do the tourist stuff, throw away your map and go in a different direction, find your own way to experience the destination in addition to all the advice you get from others.
9. What do you do to overcome writer's block?
Browse through other blogs or just Twitter, I always find a subject that inspires me to write myself.
10. Who inspires you?
Not one person in particular, but people who find their own path, who has different perspectives.
Now it is my turn to nominate 10 travel bloggers. The rules are as follows:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer their questions
- Nominate 10 other travel bloggers who have less than 600 followers
- Ask them 10 questions of your own
Here you go, 10 pretty new bloggers with some good posts out there and great potential:
- Mikayla and Ticket to wanderlust
- Ellen and Travelling the world solo
- Brunette traveler
- Christian and Jessica and All about travelling
- Amy and Bespoke journeys
- Amy and Loves food, will travel
- A frog in the fjord
- Sarah and Travelphotolenses
- Maria and Suitcase scenes
- Rachel and The Runaway Girl
And the questions I want you to answer:
1. What is the best thing you have ever done during one of your travels?
2. What is your favorite food experience when travelling?
3. What is your best advice for jet lag?
4. Your next trip will go to?
5. How do you plan your travels? Very detailed or just go and let's see?
6. Do you have any really bad experiences when travelling?
7. What inspired you to start your blog?
8. What is your favorite book about travelling?
9. What is your favorite film about travelling?
10. How many countries have you been to?
When you have answered the questions, please share the link from your blog in the comment section below. Thanks and happy travels!